Tuesday 24 April 2012

A lot of people do Juju and Gospel but I don't-Frank Iyegudu



 

A LOT OF PEOPLE WONDER WHY I PLAY JUJU MUSIC SO WELL-FRANCOHONE,URHOBO BORN NIGERIAN UK ARTIST
At a first glimpse of Frank Dada Iyegudu,you almost see it written on his fore-head,"I am an Artist",what with his shoulder length Dreadlocks. And as you get to know him better,this soft spoken Urhobo man will leave you with an impressioin that he is one and more.With a stage name Francophone,Frank's clear voice and Keyboard stands him out.A Multi-Instrumentalist,Frank is making waves presently in the UK and its environs yet he is a bit of a wonder with one of his genres-Juju.
"A lot of people wonder why I play Juju and quite well too",he enthused.


Frank,a Nigerian born to Parents of Urhobo extraction started his music in the Church.He was the Choir Master of UK based,Love of Christ Generation Church and could be seen thrilling at various church events .In years past,he has lent his expertise as a Back-up for popular Nigerian acts like Late Sikiru  Ayinde Barrister,Pasuma Wonder,Sir Shina Peters,Yinka Aiyefele,Lanre Teriba and others when they perform in the UK.
"My style is Gospel,Juju and Jazz",he confirmed.I love God and enjoy praising him hence the gospel infusion in my work.I get inspiration best when I am in a good mood. A lot of people do Juju and Gospel but I mix mine with Jazz.I love Fela,Lagbaja and Asa.I am in the Studio now and will soon come out with an Album.I am Urhobo,so usually add some flavour from the rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria.Being born in Lagos makes me speak Yoruba as a first Language hence my dexterity in Juju music.My message is very important.I will not touch anything that does not teach morals."


pix:frank dada facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment