Friday 2 March 2012

CANCER MADE ME MORE BEAUTIFUL-BELOVED APOSTLE BIMPE


There are people you meet in life,you just know you need to adjust so many areas of your life for the better,Beloved Apostle Bimpe has such an impact on many including this Writer by being nothing short of an Enigma.Especially in the face of Cancer.




When a chariot of Horses accompanied by a white sprawling Limousine competes with Traffic in East London, you either assume it’s a wedding or Funeral Procession most times but it was neither on the 12th of November,2011. More like a Funeral- defying -Birthday procession. The event itself is as paradoxical as the Celebrant makes it out to be for as at her 45th birthday, vivacious and humanitarian extraordinaire, Beloved Apostle Bimpe ,( a sibling of Ex-Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose)as the medical records say has four months to live. No thanks to stage -4 breast Cancer.



The stage was set, the invites have been sent, the venue, a Church hall close to Dalston Market, Guests who most had never met Bimpe before but are her ardent fans on Facebook waited patiently for her arrival. The Band entertained before she arrived, and true to form, Bimpe came dressed like a Bride with a “Groom” who was covered in veil, she tagged him the Holy Spirit. Dancing and practically thrilling and not looking anything like a Cancer Sufferer, she declared, “I was supposed to come here in a Coffin but look at me, this Cancer seems to have made me more beautiful, I was a size 18 now a shapely size 12”.I said to my friends, whatever you wish to say in the a case of Service of Songs, come and say it to me now because a dead person does not hear tributes.”

If anyone tried to shed one or two tears, the idea quickly turned to laughter because, Beloved Apostle Bimpe whose Ministry ensured mentally challenged people in Nigeria were taken off the streets, housed, fed and fully rehabilitated was bubbling with life. Bimpe, who is quite vocal, never shy from speaking out against the norm in most churches of over-emphasising prosperity. She says people refuse the truth hence are taken advantage of by most crafty Pastors.Speaking with us, Bimpe reveals how she has been living despite the threat of Cancer. Excerpts

“I don’t have the power over Cancer but it was supposed to have kept me in Hospice but here I am now.
My children are already being prepared for after death programmes by the British Government.
I saw uncontrollable tears rolling down my cheeks the first time I was diagnosed on June 28th, 2011.I could not imagine me without my breast. In fact, the news of losing my breast was even more painful to me than the news of dying. I asked my kids later if they will prefer me dead than a breast less mother. I did not know that more bad news was coming as I was later told that it had gone past the curable state. I was given six months but with Chemotherapy, it might be up to twelve months. My mother or siblings never had Cancer. But I read that every human being has Cancer cells in the body. Our lifestyle and so many other things could result to various afflictions to our body. With my awareness now, I pray my daughter will never have Cancer.

I am a spiritual being,I was very depressed at the news of having a few months to live. I depreciated,I could not eat and was dying daily. My kids will leave me at home with a cup of tea and come back from School to meet me still holding that cup. If one deals with it as hopelessness, then you are gone. I was dead, but the last time I was told that the Ultra scan to check the tumour showed that there were no evidence of it in my Lungs and Liver. I choose to believe the good news. Even the tumour I feel is softening though they said it is only Chemo or radiotherapy that can remove it. I believe that the faithfulness of God kept me alive. I am not looking for Prayer Warriors,this is my time of helplessness so if God wants me to live I will. I have not taken any therapy or treatment, it is my right to live'.

That was last year,in fact Beloved Apostle Bimpe who just returned from Nigeria seems to be waxing strong and her numerous fans cannot wait to mark many more Birthdays with her.


THE JOURNEY TOOK ON AN HEAVENLY PHASE,DEAREST BELOVED APOSTLE BIMPE WENT TO JOIN HER GOD,WHO IS THE BEGINNING AND THE END ON THE 13TH OF FEBRUARY,2013.
I ALWAYS TOLD HER THAT I HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE LIKE HER.IT IS TRUE.
MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE,AND HER EXCEPTIONALLY LOVELY KIDS AND FAMILY BE CONSOLED BY DIVINE ANGELS.
-klaxi

No comments:

Post a Comment