Saturday 4 February 2012

REASONS SOME WOMEN DO FACE SURGERY

 FUNMI AJILA-LADIPO



'Reasons Some Women Do Face Surgery' 


Regalia Fashion House boss, Funmi Ajila-Oladipo is a lady those familiar with the terrain in the 80s would easily recollect. Blessed with a great figure, Funmi was that beautiful damsel who graced pages of newspapers and calendars years back as face of the Nigeria Airways, in green and white uniform with the sailor’s cap. That is now history, a fine one though. In this interview with FOLORUNSHO HAMSAT, the ever dashing Funmi shares the story of her journey through life. Read on…

How would you describe the fashion industry over the years?

The industry has grown tremendously. The fact that people now wear the local fabrics is a pointer to the fact that we now appreciate what we have.



As a fashion expert, what are the simple mistakes that could spell doom in a fashion contest?
Mixing of colours could make a show to flop. Although, many do not know this or, probably they care less about it, but you need to pick the right colours at different times during a fashion show; the morning time,afternoon and evening. Everything must be right for a show to be successful, including planning of colours, it must be the right music and presentation of dresses must be right.

You have maintained a youthful and stylish looks in spite of age; what are the secrets?
My secret is God. I put my trust in God and I manage to eat well and take a couple of exercises always. I just eat healthy and try to be positive in everything. I just believe that life is simple. It’s a circle. When there is nothing to fight or think over, when you are in Christ you are no longer in crisis. You are a different person.

What is the best strategy to winning the audience at a fashion show?
Like I said earlier, the show must be right,stylish and colourful.That is the only way to win the confidence of the audience. 
 
Are you involved in other ventures aside the fashion business?
No. I don’t really do other things. Fashion business is the major thing I do. You know I’ve been on this for over 24 years.

Do you buy the idea of women changing their looks and body shapes via surgery?
It depends on why they do that. Some people do it because of health challenges, while some do it for fashion. If you have to do that to correct your health troubles; why not? So, the reasons for that vary.

Unlike the past, you seem to have retreated to the social background
(Cuts in)… that is not correct. I still go out. But I don’t go to where I’m not invited.

Which way forward for the fashion industry?
We need encouragement from the government in this industry, and from the people. Look at Nollywood, for instance; no one gave them the chance in the beginning, not until they got recognition from outside that everybody now romances Nollywood. So, the fashion industry too needs encouragement to move forward.

What is the uniqueness of your fashion outfit?
Creativity.  The kinds of things I do are more artistic, they are more creative, they are afro-centric designs, things that are just you, they are things you can’t just pick up on the streets, things you would know that this is made by a creative designer.

What is your kind of music, food and colour?
For food, I love Boli (roasted plantain). For music, I love Gospel and Reggae. I love any fine colour.

How often do you thank God?
I thank God as often as I breathe.

At what age did you experience your first kiss and how did it feel?
That was a long time ago. I can’t remember that anymore.

Tell us about your childhood
I grew up in Ilupeju. My father is from Ekiti State, I was born in Ekiti State. My parents left my brother and me at very early age for Canada to study. We lived with our grandma. When my parents returned, we were brought to Lagos.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment